Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Betty sings God Bless America

I am so proud to make a card for Independence Day , this card was made in honor for all who have fought for our Freedom and for those who continue to fight for this wonderful country we live in . I am proud to say my dad was a Marine who served 27 years for his country ,I know what its like to live without a loved family member who has been called to duty to protect our great country. God Bless America and this is the theme I chose to create my card. I was flipping thru my stash of stamps and came across Betty , here she sits pounding out a tune on the old ivories , and today she will serenade us with her rendition of God Bless America , can't you hear her belting it out , Art Impressions has such great stamps they are stories awaiting to be told.
Today I made my own background paper with items I had screaming at me to use them , I started with a red card base , 5.5" x 5.5 " , next I cut a 5" x 5" white layer , then I used a music note stamping wheel

next I inked the edges in SU night of navy ,

here I used a star punch and punched red and blue stars ,

now I glued them randomly to the layer and trimmed off the over hang of the star tips

now I used a white gel pen to add faux stitching to each star to make them pop

and now the last step is to run it thru the bi shot in a woven embossing folder and because it is a 5"x 5" layer you will have to run it thru twice to get the whole surface embossed .


you can see each layer I added just bumped it to the next level , layers and texture add a lot of interest to your projects .

Stamps : Betty U1527
Ink : SU night of navy , SU black
Copics : T1 , W5 , W7 , BG0000 , B41 , B93 , Y38 , RV10 , E000 , E00 , E13 , E25
 accessories : starts embossing folder , SU woven embossing folder , white gel pen , star punch , silver embossing powder , SU woven red stripped ribbon , SU Apothecary accents framelits
Labels: Crystal , Copics , Betty SKU # U1527
Come back tomorrow and join us for our Thursday challenge
8upscrapin with  CRYSTAL

1 comment:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

oh Crystal, what a beautiful post and wonderful way to celebrate our country's Birthday.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!