Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Jesus Is The Gift

Merry Christmas Ai Fans!  
Today many people around the world are celebrating the true gift of the season. 



Inspiration can come from many places. Sometimes it just pops out at you. It can be a life changing inspiration, or a color inspiration - for me, both make me smile really big. The design of this card was inspired by a wall decoration I saw in an advertisement. I cut white cardstock to the final size. For the first layer of color, I used a yellow ink pad and applied it directly to the whole piece of cardstock, leaving some white space. 


I stamped a few images, Branches (Sku#F2055)Jumbo Grass Stalks (Sku#I3007) and Jumbo Lilies (Sku#H2995)with a watermark ink pad, sprinkled with clear emboss powder and heat set. For the next layer of color, I taped of a section. To help keep my lines straight, I laid it on a ruled mat. I built color by the same method of applying ink directly to the taped off section. NOTE: I slid a piece of scrap paper under the cardstock to protect the mat. I rubbed the ink off the embossed images with a paper towel.  I allowed the ink to dry before moving to the next section.


I continued to build color with this process, leaving an area of yellow for the main image, Jesus is the Gift (Sku#F4175).  I also used a blending tool in some areas to get right up to the edge of the tape.
  


I used black soot for the main image, sprinkled with emboss powder and heat set. On the inside I stamped the the flower/foliage images across the bottom in various colors.


Wishing you Joy and Peace this beautiful season!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

3 comments:

Tammie Koehnen said...

LOVELY Christmas card Trena! Love this technique and I will have to try it. Great step by step tutorial. :)
Merry Christmas!

Kerry said...

Trena, this is stunning!!! I love how you create the different sections with the distress ink, AWESOME! Great tutorial! Merry Christmas!!!

Christina Hicks said...

THis is wonderful cannot wait to try it.