Friday, December 28, 2012

Jump In!

Hello Ai friends, and Happy Friday! I was thinking about warmer places I wish I could be right now, other than my cold and snowy state of Minnesota! So since I couldn't go there, I made a card scene of "fun in the sun" instead. I love this funny Ai Golden Oldies image called "Jump In", Sku# T3468. They look like they are having a blast! This image is so fun to color too.
The kraft card base is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2". I chose some cute designer paper from Basic Grey called Marrakech (an older 6" x 6" paper pad from my stash). Love the bright colors and designs in the papers. I matched my copic marker colors with the paper, and colored the stamped image in. I used Spellbinder dies to layer my colored image on. For some fun texture I ran some light blue designer paper through a Provo Craft Cuttlebug embossing folder. (They made me think of water bubbles.) I added some Hero Arts clear crystals, and sewed around the edges.

Here is a close-up of the colored image. (Just click on the picture for an enlarged picture).  I added two color coordinated buttons tied with natural twine.

For the inside I stamped the Ai sentiment "Goofy Things", SKU# F2637. I added a strip of matching designer paper to the bottom, and distressed the edges with tea dye ink. I hope you enjoyed my little creation today. Please stop by tomorrow to see what Zora has made for you. Thanks for stopping by the Ai blog.


  1. Oh, this is so awesome. Love your color combinations. And the inside sentiment is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

  2. Love the Golden Oldies!
    You did a great job on this card! I have quite a collection so far, and love the ideas I get from Ai !!

  3. Too cute, I totally with you on thinking about warm places. Love the embossed background, it's perfect with the image!