Friday, December 28, 2012

Jump In!

Hello Ai friends, and Happy Friday! I was thinking about warmer places I wish I could be right now, other than my cold and snowy state of Minnesota! So since I couldn't go there, I made a card scene of "fun in the sun" instead. I love this funny Ai Golden Oldies image called "Jump In", Sku# T3468. They look like they are having a blast! This image is so fun to color too.
The kraft card base is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2". I chose some cute designer paper from Basic Grey called Marrakech (an older 6" x 6" paper pad from my stash). Love the bright colors and designs in the papers. I matched my copic marker colors with the paper, and colored the stamped image in. I used Spellbinder dies to layer my colored image on. For some fun texture I ran some light blue designer paper through a Provo Craft Cuttlebug embossing folder. (They made me think of water bubbles.) I added some Hero Arts clear crystals, and sewed around the edges.

Here is a close-up of the colored image. (Just click on the picture for an enlarged picture).  I added two color coordinated buttons tied with natural twine.


For the inside I stamped the Ai sentiment "Goofy Things", SKU# F2637. I added a strip of matching designer paper to the bottom, and distressed the edges with tea dye ink. I hope you enjoyed my little creation today. Please stop by tomorrow to see what Zora has made for you. Thanks for stopping by the Ai blog.


3 comments:

Joan V said...

Oh, this is so awesome. Love your color combinations. And the inside sentiment is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Julie S. said...

Love the Golden Oldies!
You did a great job on this card! I have quite a collection so far, and love the ideas I get from Ai !!

Kerry said...

Too cute, I totally with you on thinking about warm places. Love the embossed background, it's perfect with the image!