Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Up and Away Christmas


Hello Ai Fans !!!
I hope you all had an amazing family filled Christmas as I did . Today I chose to used the limited edition Girlfriends  Up and Away sku # UMY4231  stamp , all proceeds are donated to  Open Arms  International  , this stamp is only available for a short time so be sure to scoop this one up for your collection and support a great cause . 

I wanted to give a little Christmas dash to this stamp ,so I paper pieced red plaid paper to the balloon ,created a cloud background using pan pastels and a cloud line stencil ,I then die cut two clouds and popped them up on glue dots , I fussy cut the balloon stamp and popped it up on glue dots too.I added the Happy Holidays sentiment from Penguin Holiday set sku # CS3217. I used Copic markers to color my image .
Inside the card I used the sentiment from Ai doorways Dec/Jan set SKU # CS3371 and added the paper that I used on the balloon , and the snow flakes are from the Penguin Holiday set I stamped into MS glue pad and then added  diamond glitter .
this poinsettia was cut with Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia die  , i curl the petals down on one layer and curl them up on the next , this gives a life like feel to the flowers instead of a flat lifeless look , inked the edges and added a pearl to the center  , I used glue dots to layer together.
Supplies :Up and Away Sku # UMY4231 , AI doorways Dec / Jan sku #CS3371 ,  Penguin holiday sku #CS3217 , Lil Inker rectangle stitched die , MS holly punch , Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia dies , SU designer paper , SU cardstock , sizzix small cloud die , pan pastel chalk Phthalo  blue tint, TH frayed burlap  ink , Copic markers
 

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Crystal, this is awesome!!! So so cute and I love it! Have a great week!

Tammie Koehnen said...

This is so beautiful Crystal! Love the poinsettia flower, so pretty.