Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy Friday!


Hello Ai friends and happy Friday! Since Thursday's challenge is paper piecing, I decided to make another card with some paper piecing. I chose to use "Asleep on the Job", SKU# 4160. Such a fun stamp, one that would be great to give a co-worker. My kraft card base is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2". I layered some bright pink cardstock over the kraft, then chose some bright My Mind's Eye designer paper. (The designer paper is a 6" x 6" paper pad called "A Happy Heart" from last year). I colored my image in with copic markers, and die cut it out with a circle die.


Here is a close up of the card, click on the photo to see an enlarged image. I sewed around the edges of the card and I did some zig zag stitching on the panel. I paper pieced her dress with coordinating designer paper from the paper pad collection. I kept it simple and added only three magenta crystals for embellishments.


On the inside I stamped the matching sentiment that comes with the Asleep on the Job Set, SKU# 4160. I added a wide strip of matching designer paper at the bottom, and a strip of bright pink pinked hearts border from a retired Stampin Up! punch. I rounded the top two corners and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink.
I hope you have enjoyed this little card I created today. Thanks for stopping by the Art Impressions Blog. Have a great weekend and happy stamping!


No comments: