Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Life is a Beach....


Hello Ai Fans !!!
It's Crystal here and today I have a little bit of Summer to share with you.I am making my card with the cutest penguins .

When my 7yr old daughter Zoe saw my card she chuckled and said Penguins are suppose to be in the cold , I told her even they need a vacation to the beach for rest and relaxation and she agreed ..lol   I wanted to make them in a Photo fram but I do not have this die so I am going to show you how I created this with what I have , I think it turned out great.
First I cut a rectangle with my stitched die , then I did not have Squre dies ( I thought I did when I started but this did not stop me ) so I cut a square from Gina K card stock ( its very heavy) 2 1/2" by 2 3/4" , i then tack glued to hold it still after I placed it where i wanted this is my patteren I am going to cut around with my xacto knife
Summer penguins 6-25-13 008Summer penguins 6-25-13 009this is what you get
Summer penguins 6-25-13 010next I cut another pc  3 "by 3" and sponged Frayed burlap and tumbled glass to create my beach and water/sky background
Summer penguins 6-25-13 011add glue to back side and glue square in place
Summer penguins 6-25-13 012Flip over and this is what you get , next stamp your sentiment
Summer penguins 6-25-13 013stamp your images and fussy cut them out and pop up on glue dots
Summer penguins 6-25-13 004Summer penguins 6-25-13 005Summer penguins 6-25-13 006inside I left blank but added banners to tie to front of card
Summer penguins 6-25-13 007and some envelope eye candy ,
tip ** when coloring your envelopes with copics be sure to put a piece of card stock inside so the ink does not bleed thou to back side ..
Summer penguins 6-25-13 003Summer penguins 6-25-13 001
This is how me and Zoe have been spending the Summer..by the pool catching some rays and relaxing, I hope you try to make your own Photo Frame and create some fun ... Be Sure to come back tomorrow for a new Ai challenge
Thanks for stopping in , Happy Stamping my Scrappy Friends   : )
Crystal Signature

3 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

Awww...this is so cute! I love how this looks like a post card stuck on the embossed background. The matching envelope is adorable too.

Karen Day said...

What a fun summer card, Crystal! Love the soft background and the polaroid effect :o)

Maureen Morton said...

I love that watercolor background and the way the images pop against it. Thanks for the dimensions you used on the frame....I will not buy such a simple stamp and I want the proportions to be correct. Thanks for the inspiration!