Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Dr.Bill is in his office by Crystal


Hello Ai fans !!
It's Crystal here with another fun card , a get well card using Dr. Bill  # K4088 and the Dr. Office #M1236 .


I kept this card simple ..lol ..okay simple for me : ) I usually like to show how I make things well today it will be how I make my candy dots ( the red dots on this card ) if you have a punch with small dot ( I used the Stamping Up owl punch ) scarp card stock and glossy accents and a stylus ,you can Make these ..

First I will show how I make my glue dots ( yes homemade , I believe you should save on the stuff you can make and spend what you save on STAMPS lol ) now you can make any size and not have to buy 3 different boxes .. I use the throw away sheet from labels after you peel off label save sheets for glue dots , I use Aleene's Tack -it over and over glue ( has to be this glue..Tacky glue in gold bottle will not work ) snip off nib and squeeze out the size dots you want  , the glue will come out white and in 24 hours it will dry clear and will be ready to use , i but another sheet over top to store these ( put glue on slick shinny side of paper so dot will peel off easy..candy dots and glue dots 001dots are clear now in this pic , a few are a tad cloudy but still ready to use it needed  , the more they sit the more clear they getcandy dots and glue dots 010
this is a closer look at glue you need to use , I have seen this glue  at Micheal's or google to find on line
candy dots and glue dots 002use my Owl builder punch from Stampin Up to make my circle punches it has three sizes on itcandy dots and glue dots 004
next I use my stylus to shape my dots into a dome shape
candy dots and glue dots 009next I put the dots on top of my glue dotscandy dots and glue dots 011next I put glossy accents on top of all the dots , I do several colors to have on hand , here I'm making some for Fall and Halloween cards , also making these yourself they will always match your card stocks you are usingcandy dots and glue dots 012they look cloudy til they dry only take a couple of hours , some might think this is alot of work but it's what I do when I need to clear my head and think about my next great card design lol. I hope you give this a try and leave a commit if you like seeing these kinds of tips ..candy dots and glue dots 013more views of my card
Dr.Bill card and SU Hello 006Dr.Bill card and SU Hello 007Dr.Bill card and SU Hello 008Dr.Bill card and SU Hello 009inside my cardDr.Bill card and SU Hello 005


I hope you enjoyed our time together today and I hope I have inspired you to get scrappy and create today : )
Come back tomorrow for more inspiration from the  Ai DT on the current "Oh my Chickens!" (Bird Brains) Challenge , we would love to see your creations .
Crystal Signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card, this card would make anyone feel better! Thanks for another creative tutorial - the dots are awesome!

Renee Matarese said...

Very cute and your dots look amazing. Not sure I'm willing to do the work but maybe someday who knows...I may need a very specific color and say what the heck! Thanks for the inspiration!

Karen Day said...

Crystal, you have the most amazing ideas :o) Cute card!

Karen Amidon said...

Love your card. What a great idea for making the perfect color and size dot! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to try!