Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Scratch by Karen Day

Hello Ai fans!
I am sharing one of the infamous Art Impressions 'Bird-Brains' today!  How can you not love Scratch (Sku #1833)??  His pose is hilarious, but it's the grin that really gets you...
I stamped Scratch using Staz-On ink on watercolor paper so that I could use my Tombow watercolour markers to colour him, along with a wet paintbrush to soften and blend the colours.

Here's a close-up of my colourful feathered friend.

And finally, I wanted to share my inspiration with you - I found this on Pinterest and immediately knew that I wanted to try something similar with the Bird-Brains!  This is a print of an original watercolour by artist Renee Chastant.  My version is a little tame next to Renee's, but I'm working up to it!  Happy stamping, everyone!



6 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love how you water colored Scratch! Roosters are my obsession and I have a huge collection in my kitchen.

Renee Matarese said...

This is so cool and daring. I'd never think to do anything like this. I love his colors.

Sharon Caudle said...

FANTASTIC!!!! Love how you colored him, Karen!!
Hugs, Sharon

Joan V said...

Oh, I just love this. Thanks for sharing. .

Cynthia said...

Fabulous water coloring!

Kerry said...

Totally amazing!!! Awesome job on coloring him! ROCKIN'!!!