Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Frog & Crab Mini Set by Karen Day

Hello Ai fans!
A few months ago, I did a card using the little crab from the Frog & Crab Mini Set (Sku #4406)... and I had an idea for how I could use the little frog that comes in the set, which I have finally made come to life!
 I wanted to make a bunch of the little guys, and have it look like they were hopping onto a lily pad... so I hand cut an oval shape with a notch cut into it - and by putting some green paper on the inside of the card, the negative die cut became my lily pad (I know, some of my cards can be a bit of a stretch!!).  It's a little easier to see what I was going for when the card is shut:
 I love that when you open up the card, a couple of the frogs are peeking in, too.
 To make assembling my card even easier - I've used the Frog & Crab Mini Dies (Sku #4539) to cut out all of the little pieces.  Check out all of the Mini Front & Backs in the Art Impressions store - you can find them all here!  Happy stamping everyone!
Copics used: YG05, YG03, YG01, YG67, YG63, YG61, E51, E50


7 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

Aww so cute! love the frog peeking in!!

Renee Matarese said...

I instantly saw the lily pad! Super idea. I love it.

VanessaB said...

oh i love it! sooo cute!

Kerry said...

Oh my goodness, so so cute! Awesome idea! <3

Sharon Caudle said...

Squeal!!! I love that they're peeking in at you when you open the card!! This is so adorable, and could tell right away that it was a lilly pad!! VERY creative, Karen! Love it!!

Charne said...

Very cute card and great idea! That little froggy is adorable!

diane zechman said...

What a fun card design! Love your lily pad!