Thursday, August 4, 2016

mod Celeste by Diane Zechman

Hello friends and happy Thursday!
 
Today I am sharing a card using the Ai Celeste Set (4326) .  I wanted to go with a modern look to this card so I pulled out a pre-printed notecard with a clean, timeless pattern and did a little spot-lighting with my coloring on Celeste.
 

This fun gal was stamped onto a 4x4 square of vellum with Stazon ink.  Note- You need to be careful of the inks you use on vellum or the ink may not dry.  Stazon works great.  You can try heat-setting your inks but be careful of warping the paper.
 
I also stamped her onto a piece of computer paper and fussy cut her out.  You can use white cardstock but I didn't want any bulk behind the vellum and plain old copy paper works well!
 
Next, I only colored certain areas of the image that I wanted to spotlight.  I left the copy paper white and colored on the vellum.  Using Copics, I colored on the REVERSE side of the vellum since the Stazon ink and Copics are not compatible.
 

The vellum was attached to the card with small glue dots at the top two corners... underneath the flag sentiment and the black rhinestone.  Just line up the white copy paper image underneath the image on the vellum overlay and attach it to the card base for a fun, modern card!
 
Have a great day and… happy stamping!
 
 
 

3 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

What a different and cool idea! Might have to case this idea!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, how cool is this!!!! AWESOME card, Diane!! I love what you did with this!!

Kerry said...

Diane, super cool idea and it looks awesome!!!