Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Tan It! By Dana Warren

Hello AI Fans!!

Dana here with a set of cards great for this hot summer!!! I used the Tan It set, which happens to also be a wobble set! Aaaaand have you heard?!?! Art Impressions now has MINI wobblers!!! You can check them out here!



I made a set of three cards with the Tan It set, to keep things simple I also used the same pattern paper pad for all three cards. I started by stamping the bathing suit lady three times along with the bathing suit bottom that will be used with the wobble. Then I used my Distress Markers to color the ladies. I used Black Soot, Tattered Rose, Evergreen Bough, Vintage Photo, Picked Raspberry, Ground Espresso,Candied Apple.



I decided to give my ladies different skin tones. Above is a close up of them. The one on the far left is done with Tattered Rose, the one in the middle has two layers of Tattered Rose. I just colored Tattered Rose, then let that dry, then did it again. You get a darker, or tan skin tone. For the one on the right, I used Ground Espresso. 





For my cards, I used Craft Smith Melon Patch, along with the pattern papers I also used some journal shapes in the pad. From the pad, I also cut out a couple arrows and amperstamp symbols.




On the bathing suits, I used Liquid Pearl to color the polka-dots. When I was coloring, went ahead of colored the polka dots knowing they would be covered by the Liquid Pear. I think its much easier than trying to color around the dots!




After everything was colored and cut out I added it all together on white card bases. I used black and brown strips and a 'ground' for the ladies to stand on.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!!!



2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great fun! Jo x

Kerry said...

So so cute! Gorgeous coloring Dana!!