Thursday, November 2, 2017

Deer Window Box Card by Jil Lebel


Hello Ai fans!

It's almost November and you can't even tell here in Florida.  It's still unusually hot here. All of the leaves on the trees are green.  Nonetheless I had to make a fall card.  I think the Deer Window M4879 Window to the world stamp is so peaceful and serene, so  I decided to use it for my card.  I made a shadow box card.  I used different measurements, but this tutorial shows the basic way I made it. 


Start the card with one piece of craft card stock. Cut it into two pieces that are 7" x 4 1/4". Score them at 1/2" and 1 1/2" on both sides of each piece. Fold each piece as shown on the link. You'll want to die cut a window to fit the front. I used the Tim Holtz Bigz Die Window and Window Box because it gave a large viewing area.I cut it out of a piece of Cherry Sticky Back Wood.  I added a piece of White Birch Sticky Back Wood to the center section of the front piece. Then measured the window opening and cut it with a craft knife.  Attach the window and window box onto the front of the card.  Attach the sides of the card together at the outermost 1/2" of craft paper by matching up your sides.  Use a strong tape like ScorTape.  Attach your colored Deer image at this point lining it up with the window.  Use a adhesive like Ranger Multi Medium Matte so you have a few seconds of wiggle time. I added a few flowers from Hobby Lobby along one side of my card along with two pieces of paper that were punched from the Martha Stewart Branches punch.  I attached them with Beacon Fabri-Tac. When you put your card into the envelope, push the sides in so the card pops up when the receiver takes it out of the envelope.



The image is colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers onto Strathmore Bristol paper. Use clean water and a #4 paintbrush. Just applied use the brush on your marker to apply color where your image would be darkest.  Use a damp paintbrush to pull the color out into the image.  It is important to use a damp brush.  If you use too much water, it will just bleach out your color. Once they were dry I added a drop of Diamond Stickles to the center of each flower.


Here is a view of the image outside of the frame. 

I used the following Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.
Tree Trunks - Beige 72, Deep brown
Grass and Trees - Olive Green 43, Beige 72
Deer - Beige 72
Flowers - Cornflower Blue - 37


Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!





4 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

Love that pretty card!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That card is absolutely gorgeous !

diane zechman said...

Love how you colored the deer, Jil!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh holy smokes, this is so gorgeous, Jil!!! Beautiful!