Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Right on schedule by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I thought I'd take a break from Valentine's Day cards and make a quick watercolor card for today's blog post.  I just love the  Zoo Crew Feline Set 4193 for an all occasion card.  It just makes me laugh like so many Ai stamps do.
I stamped the cat onto Canson XL Watercolor Paper with Jet Black Archival Ink. I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to Color The Image.  I colored into the shadow areas and pulled the color out using a Tim Holtz Waterbrush. I allowed the water to do all of the work and barely fussed with it.  I used Deep Brown 68 on the body and oatmeal 64 on the Tummy. I added the shadow with the Warm Gray 2 and didn't use any water.


Once the image was dry, I cut it out using the Stephanie Barnard Dotted Rectangle Framelits. I stamped the greeting using Versafine Onyx Black ink and cut it with the smallest of the same Framelits. 


Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

7 comments:

Renee M said...

What a fun card! Your watercoloring is great :)

Sharon Caudle said...

LOL! This image and sentiment cracks me up every time! Love how you colored it, Jil!

Dot J Freel said...

So cute!!!

Cynthia said...

Fabulous water coloring, Jil! Adorable.

Cheri Burry said...

This is exactly how I feel today LOL! Great card and watercoloring!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That’s hilarious!

diane zechman said...

Great card! I need to check but I think this one is still on my wish list!