Monday, February 12, 2018

Ghirardelli valentine treats by Diane Zechman

Hello Ai friends and happy Monday!
 
Today I am sharing a project using one of the Ai Valentine sets. Here I used the 4753- In The Air Set to make some sweet little matchbook valentine treats. Do you still have to make some last minute valentines? Just a few scored lines are needed to whip these up!


I stamped the cute skunk, colored him with Copics, and die cut with Sizzix Dotted Squares. Then I stamped another image on the inside to coordinate. The pocket inside was made with some old valentine paper in my stash from My Mind's Eye. I've used brads to attach the pocket before but I think I like the look of staples better. A thin strip of silver washi tape was added to the edge of the flap. A few heart enamel stickers by Recollections were added to finish it off. Just slip a Ghirardelli square inside and make someone smile. :)  Measurements for cutting and scoring can be found here.


I've never tried the Dark Chocolate Strawberry Ghirardelli before but I'd highly recommend them. ;)


Have a great Monday and… happy stamping!
 

4 comments:

Jil Lebel said...

These are adorable! I love how you added the decorative papers to the inside flap to hold the candies in better. Great project!

Cheri Burry said...

Now these are seriously so cute! Love the added stamped skunks on the inside too!

Dot J Freel said...

I love these Valentines - must try them.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, Diane!! These are sooooo adorable!!! I love them and they're so perfect for treats!! Will have to remember these for next year! You're so creative!!!