Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Happy Fall Watercolor Card by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

The new Bible Journaling line of stamps are beautiful, but it just isn't something that I do.  That doesn't mean that I don't want several of the items from the new release.  I just had to have the Block Letter Die Set. I knew that I could use it in a variety of ways in my card making.  Once I saw how it was used on the packaging with masking paper, I had to try it myself.  The first way I had to try it was to make a Fall card because Saturday was the first day of Fall. Happy Fall!
The word Fall was cut out of masking paper using the Block Letter Die Set. It was attached to a piece of Canson XL Watercolor paper.  The area around the word was filled in using the Watercolor the Art Impressions way and the listed Ai stamp sets as well as the listed Marvy LePlume II markers. Once that was done, the masked letters were lifted off.  A shadow was added tot he letters with the Rosewood marker.
A piece of gold paper was added behind the watercolor piece.  It was added to a piece of dark brown paper with foam tape.  The brown paper was added to a pumpkin spice card with foam tape.  It was hard, but I kept the card very simple so the main image stood out.

Marvy LePlume II Markers Used:
Red 2, Brown 6, Olive Green 15,
Dark Brown 18, English Red 28, Rosewood 30,
Butterscotch 83, Tropical 101

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!


2 comments:

Carol H. said...

Wow! Beautiful card Jil! I love all those flowers!

Diane Lindall said...

Beautiful!