Saturday, September 15, 2018

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Last Days of Summer

Summer doesn't officially end until September 22, you know! We're hanging on to sweet, sunny days before we head into fall with these beautiful projects brought to you by our Watercolor Guest Design Team! Let's see what they have created today!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello Watercolor Friends,

I used two of the little girls from Art Impression's brand new 5053 - WC Little Girls Set to make my card for the bi-monthly Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend Roundup. This scene is reminiscent of my own granddaughters in their yard. I put one of the girls inside the 4703 - Flower Cart. She would be pink loving Brinley, the youngest, and the older one in the hat, would be Aubrey, my awesome softball player. Their blue house on the hill is from the 4961 - WC Mini Cottages Set. The flowers in the cart are from the 5008 - WC Flower Set 3 and the "lavender" on the ground is from the 4875 - Garden Wagon Mini Set. The grass is from the 4051 - WC Foliage Set 1. Ai has just come out with the greatest steel dies in all the usual shapes and sizes perfect for card making! I used the 5062 - Rounded Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies to make my card. 


Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
For today’s Watercolor Weekend project, “A Boy and His Dog”, I used the NEW Little Boys Set along with the Dogs Set, watercolored the Art Impressions way and cut it out using the NEW Oval Double Stitched Dies. The boy could easily be swapped out with a girl in the Little Girls Set.


Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 15 Olive Green, 28 English Red, 29 Prussian Blue, 30 Rosewood, 45 Sepia, 60 Salvia Blue, 100 Sapphire
Other Products: Post-It Notes

Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
I love the new Art Impressions stamps. I used the new WC Boat Set and the 5007 – WC Foliage Set 3 to create this clean and simple card. I stamped the boat using 45 Sepia. I pulled the color out of the lines and added some 17 Steel Blue from my Watercolor Palette. I masked it off and also masked off an oval on the card. I used the Watercolor Palette to lay down 36 Manganese Blue and 86 African Violet to create the water and Tombow Dual Brush Pens 947-Burnt Sienna and 873–Coral to create the sand.

I used my 4774 – Stamp Positioner to stamp the small boat in 86 African Violet. I added some 28 English Red to create the lines on the sail. I used the grasses from the 5007 – WC Foliage Set 3 inked in 15 Olive Green stamped above and below the boat. I used some 36 Manganese Blue to create the clouds. To finish off, I used my Wink of Stella Glitter Clear Brush Pen – Clear to create a little shimmer. I cut it down and added it to a mat of Gina K Designs Heavyweight Cardstock- Fresh Asparagus.


Thank you, team! We love these darling projects featuring several of our NEWEST Watercolor stamps! Comment below to let us know what you liked about this week's edition of Watercolor Weekend! We love to hear what you have to say. Also, if you aren't already following our designer's on social media, take a moment to find them here!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
Bonnie Krebs - NEW Instagram account for Bible Journaling

Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

Just have to compliment Tricia Obin on her beautifully watercolored masculine card! Amazing job!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, all of these are just breathtakingly beautiful!!!!!! Fantastic work from such talented artists!!!

Jil Lebel said...

Beautiful summer cards ladies! You really captured the feel of Summer. I'm so ready for Fall!

Georgia Sommers said...

Trisha this absolutely amazing, so beautiful.

ARTRAGEOUS-ART said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

Color Consultations Triangle Area

Cheri Burry said...

Wow, just WOW!!! You ladies are amazing at watercoloring!! Love them all!