Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Going Batty by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I have a major love for bats, I'm sure you can tell from my header on my personal blog.  I HAD to have the Bat Flutter Set the second I saw it.  As I've mentioned before, I'm a huge fan of the Ai interactive stamp sets because they come with the stamps and dies all in one set.  The flutters even come with enough mini brads for five cards.  I've been wanting to put this bat in front of  a galaxy background since I saw it.  I loved the outcome and I hope you do too.
The images were stamped onto Spetrum Noir Ultra Smooth paper with My Favorite Things Extreme Black Ink and colored with Copic markers.  The dark areas were enhanced with Prismacolor colored pencils.  The colors used are listed at the end of this post. The parts were assembled following the directions provided on the packaging of the stamp set.
The galaxy background is on a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper. The paper was taped to a hard surface and completely wet.  Ganzai Tambi watercolors were used for this background. The blue, mint, yellow and purple colors were scribbled onto the background and allowed to blend and dry.  Another thicker layer of the same colors were added without wetting the paper first.  They were allowed to dry. A thinned out layer of black paint was added over the bright colors to look like night clouds.  Some gaps were left and some areas were made darker.  As a final touch Tsukineko All Purpose white paint was thinned out and splattered over the paper. Once dry, The background was cut out with the Oval Double Stitched Dies.

Copic Colors Used:
Bat - E31, E33, E13, E19, R21, R22
Pumpkin - YR000, YR02, YR04, YR07

Prismacolor Colored Pencils Used :
Rose, Burnt Umber, Indigo Blue

Ganzai Tambai Paints Used:
20, 43,61,62,139


Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

2 comments:

Renee M said...

This is adorable and your coloring is terrific!

Carol H. said...

Wow Jil! The background is beautiful and so is your coloring of the bat! Fantastic card!