Monday, October 15, 2018

Happy Fall Cards by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Fans!

My cards today features the Happy Fall set with the MOST adorable and sweet scarecrow ever!  I don't know how I've missed seeing this set in the past--I just had to have it when I saw it!

I used this set and just one other stamp to create this first card!


This stamp is a rubber stamp and my original intentions were to stamp and color him with my alcohol markers.  I had a last-minute change of mind and stamped it onto watercolor paper.  I used just a handful of Marvy LePlume II markers to water color him.  The colors I used are listed below.

I used the tiny grass from the WC Foliage Set 1 and stamped a bit of grass below the image.  I used my black Micron 005 pen to add some details to the patches.  After the coloring was done, I die cut the image with a new Art Impressions Square Double Stitched die.  I used the same die set to cut out the stamped sentiment that's included in the set.  Then I used some brown and orange card stock to create the layers and added it to the patterned paper.


My next card is in similar colors, but I colored it with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.



While I was coloring this one, I seriously didn't realize that I was picking almost the very same colors as the water colored one!  Blues and greens are surely my two favorite colors!  This one is embellished with a sentiment and stamped leaves from my stash.



It's so easy to create an super sweet card with just a few supplies!  A great way to use papers from your stash too!  Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope your week is off to a great start! 
Happy stamping!!


Marvy LePlume II markers:
43 Brilliant Yellow, 2 Red, 83 Butterscotch, 6 Brown, 30 Rosewood, 15 Olive Green,
17 Steel Blue, 100 Sapphire

Spectrum Noir markers:
CR7, OR2, OR3, TB8, TB9, YG1, YG2, AG1, AG4, DG3, GB1, GB4, GB6,
RB1, RB2, TN5, TN6, TN9, IG8

3 comments:

Karen Day said...

Two lovely cards, Carol! Your watercolouring is amazing.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous!

Dot J Freel said...

In love with that scarecrow and that super cute card!