Saturday, October 20, 2018

Watercolor Weekend Roundup - Creative Harvest Cards!

Hello, Ai Fans! Halloween is just around the corner, and we are here with more harvest inspiration for you today! Let's take a look at the super creative projects our Watercolor Guest Design Team has crafted!

Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - Pinterest
Hello Watercolor Friends,

Who doesn't love a tree house? My son Scott has been promising to build my granddaughters a tree house and I know they would love it! I created this card for the Art Impressions Watercolor Weekend using the tree from the brand new 5056 - WC Fairy Doors Set and a cabin from the 4963 - WC Rustic Cabins Set. The pine trees in the background are from the 5010 - WC Tree Set 1. The flowers are from the 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set. I drew the ladder in using the sepia marker.

Other Supplies: Canson Watercolor Paper.

Tricia Kennedy - Instagram
There’s something lurking in the dark in my Watercolor Weekend project. It’s simply SPOOKTACULAR!

Tape off a 3” x 3” square on your watercolor paper. Stamp the pumpkins from WC Harvest Set with a combination of 49 Vermilion and 88 Terra Cotta with the stems in 45 Sepia. Mask off the pumpkins with Post-It Notes then stamp the tree from WC Fairy Doors Set in 86 African Violet. Draw in the ghost eyes with watermark pen, add glow in the dark embossing powder then heat with your heat gun. Stamp in the leaves from WC Foliage Set 1 in 86 African Violet. Watercolor the Art Impressions way by pulling the color from the lines with water and a paint brush. Stamp in the grass from WC Foliage Set 1 in 86 African Violet. Darken up any lines on the tree and pumpkin using the fine tip of your markers. 



Marvy Le Plume II Markers: 45 Sepia, 49 Vermilion, 86 African Violet, 88 Terra Cotta
Other Products: VersaMarker Watermark Pen, SparkleNSprinkle Glow in the Dark Embossing Powder, Post-It Notes, 3M Blue Painters Tape, Heat Gun


Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook
Hi Art Impressions Fans and welcome to watercolor weekend. I wanted to embrace the beauty that is Fall with this easy Autumn Church project. I shared it on Instagram when I spent the whole day water coloring...YAY me!

I started off by inking the sitting boy in Brownish Grey. I stamped him in the middle of the page. Just like all of our projects start, I pulled the color out of the lines. I added some Steel Blue to his jeans, Sepia to his hair and Pale Pink to his skin, all from my palette.

Then, I cut a mask and covered him to protect him while I stamped the rocks (Sitting Things set) he is sitting on. Using my positioner, I stamped the rocks underneath the boy (inked with Sepia and African Violet). I used my palette to add a blend of Sepia and African Violet to add color to the rocks.
Next, I stamped a branch from the Branches set. Using my fine tip of my Sepia marker I extended the base of the branch to create a tree. I added some details with Brown and Olive Brown from the palette.
For the church, I inked it with Sepia and stamped it in the top right corner. I pulled the color out of the lines and added some additional Sepia to the roof and African Violet to the building. Once it was dry I added some darker lines with the fine tip of my Sepia marker. The post it tape serves as a quick mask over the church so I could stamp the trees from the Churches set inked in Sepia.
The leaves were all created with the small foliage from the Foliage Set 2. I inked it in English Red, Orange, Brilliant Yellow and Olive Green. I stamped it in several areas with each color to create a random fall scene. Adding some to the ground gives the effect of falling leaves. This is a favorite technique of mine for Autumn.
Once the leaves were stamped where I wanted them, I added some of the small grasses around the tree, rocks and church. I also added some Olive Green sporadically around the middle of the scene. To finish the scene, I added a small amount of Prussian Blue to the sky.

I hope you like this quaint Autumn Scene and I hope you will join me and the rest of the AI watercolor guest design team! Happy Watercoloring!!


Thanks, team! What fun techniques! Dot, we love how you mixed and matched different sets to create a treehouse! How unique! And Tricia K, your glow in the dark eyes in your spooky forest are just too cute, and sure to surprise your recipient! Tricia O, the way you created a larger autumn scene with the boy in the foreground and church in the background is simply lovely! Thank you for your beautiful creations this week. Makes us excited for the next Watercolor Weekend already!

Be sure to leave some comment love for the team, we love to hear what you think!

Happy stamping!

No comments: