Thursday, April 27, 2017

NEW Hobby Lobby Wood Mounted Stamps! PLUS, Challenge 207 One Layer Ladies!

Hello, Ai Fans!

Have you noticed new Art Impressions stamps in your local Hobby Lobby? Welcome our two new wood mounted stamps, Entertained and 29 Again, exclusive to Hobby Lobby! You can purchase them at your local Hobby Lobby or online at HobbyLobby.com!



Looking for some inspiration? Dana is here to share a fantastic clean and simple card set with us today!

Hello, AI fans! Dana, here with an easy card set tutorial for you! It's not quite a one layer card, but when I color with my Spectrum Noir Markers the ink seeps to the back of the card and no one wants to see that!!

To keep my background interesting but easy, I decided to some smoosh watercolor. You could also use pattern paper if you wanted to make it even more simple!! I started by making several card bases from watercolor card stock.



Next, I picked out several Distress Inks and ended with a nice rainbow of colors! I used the Watercolor Palette, smooshing the distress ink and then spritzing with water. 



Then I just laid one of the card bases on the ink, I pulled it up and smooshed here and there until I was happy with the results. I started with a lighter color and then when that was dried did it again with a darker color. I did the same thing with 2 different colors for each card.



Here are all the card bases after the ink has dried.



While the backgrounds were drying I stamped the 29 Again stamp, now available Hoppy Lobby 6 times on sheet of card stock. I made sure they were spaced out so I would be able to use a stitched rectangle to die cut them all out.



I wanted to make sure they all cut ok before coloring! No sense coloring an image if it doesn't get cut correctly!!



Then I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to loosely color each of the images. Since these are for a card set, I keep the colors and shading simple. Plus Loose Coloring tends to be quick anyway!



I used the following colors: CR7, CR11, EB5, FS3, FS6, GT2, GT3, IG1.



Once the ladies are colored and the backgrounds dry the rest comes together pretty easy! I added foam tape to the back of each colored image and adhered them to the center of the card bases



Last, I rounded the corners of each card. 



So, you can see that even with a wood blocked stamp you can make some easy (almost) single layer stamp sets!! 

Here are a few photos of the finished card set!














Thanks, Dana! Loving these juicy colors and our fun 29 Again gal!
It's Thursday! That means it's challenge time! This challenge is called "One Layer Ladies" and we want to see you use one of your women stamps to make a one-layered card! Come on, give your favorite lady stamp some attention!

Here are the challenge rules …
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by Wednesday, May 10 at 5:00 p.m. PST to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!




Let's recognize the winners from last week's challenge!

Top Spot Goes to...

Nela!
Congrats, Nela! We think your Mini Pig tags are simply adorable! Email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address to claim your prize pack!

Honorable mentions go to...


Liz!

Congrats, you two! Katie, your Mini Cat and Dog cards are super sweet! And Liz, what a creative way to use our His & Hers Flying High set to make a shrinky dink zipper pull charm! How fun! Be sure to email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address and select the stamp set of your choice as a prize!

Thank you to all the entrants, we hope you will join us again for our new challenge! Happy Thursday!

9 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

Congrats to all the winners!

Dana your set of colourful cards are so fun! Love those backgrounds!!

Karen Day said...

Wonderful card set, Dana - I love your smooshed backgounds!

Cynthia said...

Congrats to the winners! Fun CAS set of cards, Dana. Love the inky backgrounds.

katieo said...

WOW Dana I love the backgrounds you made for the set of cards. Congrats to Nela and Liz. Thank you for choosing my card too.

Milene Tiberius said...

Woohoooo, congratulations to the winners!!!!
Dana, I am also in love with these beautiful backgrounds you have created! Absolutely gorgeous cards! ❤

Sharon Caudle said...

Fantastic backgrounds, Dana! Congrats to all the winners!

katieo said...

This was a fun challenge that pushed me to do less and think more. I had fun making a background too.

Liz O. said...

Thanks! It was a very fun challenge, as Katie said it was interesting to create a mini project, thanks for the love! Have a wonderful day!

Liz O. said...

Forgot to mention ☺️ Love the new blocks and thanks
For another fun challenge and the amazing inspiration!