Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nighttime Skyline

I've wanted to use these two stamps, the skyline and the bridge, for a long time.

This first design, I had pictured in my minds eye and it came together just as I pictured it. I used dimensional foam to pop these skylines out.

Stamps used: NJ Bridge K3105, Skyline  P2975, Imagine F2559
Ink: India Ink
Cardstock: Petallics Silver. (This is actually a cream color, not silver) Black CS, White CS and Gray Blue speckled CS

After I made the first card, a friend reminded me of another technique that she dearly loves, on a piece that hangs in my studio. So I decided to try to design another card using this technique, gold leafing.
I used the same skyline stamp and used a glue pad. I inked(glued) up my stamp, stamped the image onto black CS  and them gently patted the gold leaf over the glue image. I patted it a few times and then very gently brushed away the excess gold leaf. I added a small moon and attached the black CS panel onto a cream card. Gold ribbon added to the side and the bottom, finished this off. Wouldn't this would make a great New Years Eve party invitation.



Glue Pad - Hampton Art
Cardstock: Petallics Silver (the moon) Black CS, Cream CS 
Other: Gold ribbon

So here are 2 great looks from this stamp.
Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This card is just fantastic! Love the design!

Dawn said...

OHHHHH.... I love these! You did a wonderful job with the stamps and what fun designs you have created! Great job...

Deloris said...

Fabulous! Love both of them!