Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wine for Two




This is Monique! Isn't she delightful!? You can just tell she enjoys her work. Here she has a lovely tray of wine, bread and cheese for two.

I'm using one of my favorite techniques today, watercolor with Tombow Brush Art Markers. I inked up the image with a VeraFine ink pad, stamped onto 140 lb hot pressed water color paper, sprinkled with black detail embossing powder and heat set.

I used a combination of direct and in-direct methods of adding coloring with Tombows.  In-direct = scribble color on pallet, pick up color with water brush and spread. Direct = color directly onto paper and then spread with water brush.


I stamped, embossed, and colored the tray and glasses a second time, cut them out and adhered them over the base image. On the inside of the card, I added a strip of the design paper, stamped the little wine basket and colored it in directly with Tombows.  For an added touch, I added Drew Drops and used a Sakura clear glaze pen on the glasses and wine bottles inside and out.


Thanks for visiting!
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!
Trena

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trena I love the watercolor technique , thx for sharing your talents with us .

Kate Swanson said...

Love the techniques you used on this Trena! That embossing makes Monique look better than ever! Your coloring is always FANTASTIC! :)