Thursday, May 30, 2013

Challenge 111 - "Use Brads or Eyelets" Eyelet Outlet Product Swap!

Hello Ai Fans! Welcome to another great challenge at Art Impressions!

Before we get started, time to announce the winner of last week's "Show Your Bow" challenge!
Congratulations! We loved your card and amazing bow! Contact me at kate@artimpressions.com to receive the ENTIRE line of our Zoo Crew stamps!

We would also like to honorably mention a couple of fabulous cards! Contact me at kate@artimpressions.com to receive your choice of Zoo Crew set!

This week proves to be extra exciting! We're pleased to announce that we have teamed up with Eyelet Outlet to bring you some amazing inspiration! We will bring you all the goodness of Art Impressions PLUS the fabulous products from Eyelet Outlet! We'll be sharing projects all week to show how fun it is to mix Ai stamps with EO brads, eyelets and jewels!



To kick off this fun week, our challenge is all about the brads and eyelets! We want to see how you add variety and fun accents to shake up your crafty projects! Make sure to pop over to Eyelet Outlet and check out their amazing selection and amazing prices!


Here are the challenge rules ...
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by Wednesday, June 11 at 5:00 p.m. PST to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!

This week, Crystal is sharing a super fun card for our product swap!
Today we are using product from www.eyeletoutlet.com and I chose to use the mustache brads and the black bling pearls with the Ai Bummer set #4241. I love how easy it was to create with these products and the pearls were perfect to use on this masculine card, they added wow without being too feminine (smooth black 3mm beads).

To make my card, I wanted to pop up the sign so I first stamped my front image twice and legs once. I colored them with Copics. I colored only the sign on second front image, notice I added W5 dark gray shading on sign. I fussy cut the sign and popped it up over the gray area and if looking from side it will look like a shadow. Now I fussy cut all these (I always go around my stamped images in W1 this makes them appear to pop off the page). I added shimmer pen to the Happy Birthday. It's hard to tell in pics but I think it adds a real wow without the glitter, it's more a shimmer you add over color.
Melvin 003My card uses DCWV Guy Stack designer paper and Stamping Up cardstock. I added a mustache to my guy, he is too handsome now (think Tom Selleck ... lol).
bummer 001Inside I added my legs on an Action Wobble.
bummer 004Bummer Card Video
Next I added sentiment to the inside and kept with the theme on the front of my card. Here I used the black pearls and two more mustache brads.

bummer 003bummer 002
    
Thanks so much so stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my card and I hope you post a card to our challenge. I would love to see your creations.Crystal Signature

Thank you Crystal! Make sure to follow along every day for a new Ai/EO creation from our design team. Check back next Thursday to see all new Ai/EOcards from our design team and product swap giveaways! 


5 comments:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Awesome card Crystal-love how you made his face come alive with the brad mustache! Congrats to winners!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Anonymous said...

ConGrats to the winners Katie , Dee and Wendy , how awesome!!! Loved your cards .

Tammie Koehnen said...

Love this wobble card Crystal! That mustache brad really is fun! :) Love the winner's cards! Fabulous cards!

Katie said...

YIPPEE!!!! How wonderful to see my name as the winner, I just can't say excited I am!! And big congrats to the other winners too :)

Alice Carman said...

What a fun card!!!! Love the mustaches.