Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Under My Umbrella by Cheryl Valadez

Hello Ai Fans!

You know what they say..."April showers bring May flowers".  I've been hankering to color this fabulous image up and thought that the month of April would be a perfect time to use it.  It wasn't until I started going to town with my Copics that I realized these lovely ladies are all wearing mittens.  Mittens?!  Egads!  Mittens scream Winter, not Spring.  Oops, my bad...LOL!  

Oh, well...we'll just pretend that a cold spell came through and that Spring is in route to join our gorgeous girlfriends on their outing.  



Copic colors used:  skin- E00, E000, R20, E11 hair- C7, C5, C3 (black) E18, E09, E07, E02 (red) black details- C7, C5, C3 light brown details- E44, E43, E42, 0 yellow green details- YG17, YG13, YG01 blue green details- Bg09, BG05, BG10 ground- BV29, BV25, BV23 background- BV34, BV31, BV000, BV0000

The image I used today is from the Girlfriends set, Under My Umbrella (UM4048).  Find this set and tons more in the Art Impressions shop.

Until next time, stay crafty!




8 comments:

Linda Carson said...

What fun! Your coloring is beautiful!

Renee Matarese said...

This is so pretty. The colors are great. I love the blues and greens with the neutral tans.

Karen Day said...

Ha! That's so funny, I'd never noticed that they were wearing mittens before... then again, it's mid April, but we woke up to snow yesterday... Great card, Cheryl!

Cheryl W. said...

Love those vivid colors! Super card. I can understand why you missed seeing the mittens at first. I noticed the umbrella first and assumed it was also a spring image. LOL

Shannon Fralish said...

Love the colors and coloring. And maybe the gals just finished a spa day with a special manicure wrap instead of mittens! :-) You did a lovely job on this...

She's a Color Queen said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerry said...

I never noticed them either, but it's still a little cool in New England, plus, the ladies need to be stylin' during the snow shower, right? Hehe! Stunning piece!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Cheryl, you never cease to amaze me. I don't care if they're wearing socks on their hands. You've created another gorgeous work of art. LOVE it!
hugs, Sharon