Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Birthday Card Set by Dana Warren

Hello AI Fans!!

Today I have a little card set for you! Sometimes I need a card set to give as a gift or just need to do up some cards quickly. This set is perfect for both scenarios!! I found at a local grocery store some kits meant for page scrapbooking on clearance, I don't scrapbook, but I new these would help make quick cards!!! 




For my cards today I picked out four of the big journal cards and went with two that said Hip Hip Hooray and the other had a balloon pattern. The cards were a little bit longer then a A2 card base and not quite as wide. I just adhered them to some black card bases and trimmed off the extra on each end. Pretty easy right?


Now all they need is an image and a sentiment. Since I was doing four at once and to keep things quick and easy I used the cake from Chocolate Therapy Clear Stamp set available at Hobby Lobby!! I stamped the cake four times and then used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color them. I used BT6, BT8, CG2, CT2, DG2, DR3, DR5, GB3, GB6, GB10, IG4, OR1, OR2.


Next I fussy cut out each cake and added foam tape to the back. For the Hip Hip Hooray cards I added a strip of star washi tape across the card, then stamped the More Candles, Bigger Cake sentiment and the added the colored cake.


For the balloon cards I stamped the confetti stamp across the top of the card and used my True Black Spectrum Noir marker to color them in. I die cut a stitched rectangle from white card stock and stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment. Then I added the sentiment and cake to the two cards. Last I used Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen to add some sparkle to the confetti and to the icing layers on all the cakes. 


I hope this inspires you to maybe pick up some Journaling cards for some easy cards (hopefully you can find them on clearance, too!!) :) Happy Stamping!





1 comment:

Kerry said...

Awesome set! Time to celebrate! :D