Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Dancing Easter Tots by Karen Day

Hello Ai fans!
I adore everything about Easter colours - they're so fresh & pretty, and after a long winter like this one, they're a welcome change.  I am using the sweet Dancing Easter Tots (Sku #T4019) today:
 I blended six different distress inks onto my card base, then sprayed it with some Tattered Angels shimmer mist that gives a wonderful shimmer to the background, as well as some lovely texture from the moisture of the mist.  I ran a line of stitching 1/4" in from the edge with my sewing machine to frame the image.  After colouring with Copic markers, I fussy cut around the image, and used pop dots to adhere it to the base for a little dimension.  I had these wonderful pastel sequins that perfectly matched my inks so I sprinkled a few of those on as well.
 The sentiment is from Celebrate Spring MTF (Sku #4849).  Here is a shot to show how much the background glimmers:
 There are all kinds of sweet Easter stamps in the Ai store, you can find them all here.  Happy stamping!
Copics used: C3, C1, BV02, BV00, E11, E00, E000, E51, E51, E34, E31, R20, R81, BG11, B35, E57, E55, E53, YG01.


3 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

I am in love with your background!! Such an adorable bunch of Bunnies!!

Dot J Freel said...

One of the cutest Easter cards ever!

diane zechman said...

I think those bunnies need to go on my wish list! And I am loving your background for them...it's perfect!