Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Tea Party Pop Card by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I am a huge fan of the Pop Card line.  I especially love the newer release that has more involved scenes.  Today I'm showing you the Tea Party Pop Card 4942.  I used it with the Pop Card Template 4862. Remember that all of the Pop Cards come with all of the stamps and dies that you need to make them, except for the Pop Card Template.  You only need to buy the template one time for use with all of the Pop Cards.


My card started with a pre-cut linen card base that had an eyelet edging. I just cut a circle into the top side of it so the recipient could catch a glimpse of what was inside the card.  I added paper to the card front from the DCWV Garden Tea Party paper stack.  I also added a die cut doily that I had cut to go around the circle. I edged the entire card and all of it's layers with Tea Dye Distress ink.  All of my images are colored with Peerless watercolors.  They are concentrated watercolors on special sheets of paper.  I find it's easiest to apply them with a fine point waterbrush.  I used just a few colors on this project.  They were; japomica scarlet, olive green, bismark brown, tea rose pink and pearl gray. Once all of the images were dry, I applied Diamond Stickles to a few areas.


I assembled the inside of the Pop Card following the directions that are in the packaging.  I cut the Pop Card template out of acetate.  It makes it easier to get the template through the thick watercolor paper, and you can barely see it.  I just love how everything pop's up and comes to life when the card is opened! I hope you give these fun cards a try.  Once you see how easy they are to make, you'll want to do more and more of them.  

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!


2 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

What a beautiful watercolored card! That paper on the front matches perfectly!

Sharon Caudle said...

Girl, I must say you are truly amazing! I LOVE your cards!! So much gorgeousness!! :)