Sunday, April 28, 2024

Vintage Baby Cards by Jami



Happy Watercolor weekend!  
This weekend I have 2 cards that would be perfect for a child's birthday.  My grandson turned one year old last month and I had him on my mind as I created these 2 cards.
I used one stamp set, #5400 Baby Critters and one paper pack, #5873 Mini Birthday for both cards.  I challenged myself to use different patterns from the paper pack to layer and add dimension.  I had a lot of fun using dies and a paper punch to punch out the circles and add details.  For each of the cards I started by stamping all of the images on watercolor paper and then painting the images with the following Tombow markers: 312, 879, N55, N45, N35, 772, 603, 401, 569, 526, 026, 817, 177, 977 and 969.  Then the images were die cut using the matching dies from the stamp set and these critters are so cute!  When I assembled these cards I used decorative dies from my supplies.  On the giraffe card I popped up the bird using dimension dots to give more depth, and I did the same on the tiger card for the pink balloon.





For this tiger card I did the same as the previous card but I added glossy accents to the balloons to give a nice sheen.  If you are struggling with layouts for your cards I encourage you to look on the internet for layouts that you can incorporate many different patterns of paper from one paper pack.  I know for myself I tend to only use maybe one or two and this was fun creating with a lot of different designs.  Al




Thank you for taking the time to checkout my creations and as always, please ask me if you have any questions.  I hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying the spring weather!






2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Jami, these cards are so adorable!! Love them!

Kathy Raker said...

Your cards are adorable!