Monday, July 16, 2018

Toes in the Sand! by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Fans!

"Wiggle your toes in the sands of the sea, dream of tomorrow, and all that can be."

Who wants to join me on this beach watching the sun set?!!  I do love beaches and could spend the entire summer at one!  Too bad the closest beach is about an eight-hour drive from where I live!  So I'll just dream of being there!

 To help me dream of being at the beach, I've made this summery card featuring the Windows to The World M3178--Island Window.  I've stamped my card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I colored it with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers.




I finished it off by adding a few brads that I've had in my stash, FOREVER, as added embellishments along with the twine.  I bought them from Eyelet Outlet when they were at a local craft show.  I just bent the brads back and forth till they broke off and used Beacon 3-in-1 glue to adhere them.  I also used one of my Spectrum Noir markers to tint the twine, which was much lighter than I wanted for this card.





This beautiful image is so fun and easy to color!  I hope you've enjoyed dreaming of the beach with me!  Have a happy, crafty day!



Spectrum Noir colors used:
EB1, EB2, AB2, CT1, CT4, GY3, AG1, AG3, LG3, LG4, LG5, DG1, DG2, DG3, CR1, CR3, TB1, TB3, MB1, MB3, MB4

Apologies that the Spellbinders Rope embossing folder I used is no longer available!  I didn't realize that until after I finished my card.

6 comments:

creatingincolors said...

Such a pretty and colorful scene! Makes me want to be there!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love this, it is so fun!!!

Jil Lebel said...

This card makes me want to hop in the car and go to the beach! So beautiful! I love how those brads turned out looking almost real.

Cheri Burry said...

Such a beautiful card! Makes me long for the beach too! Those brads are the perfect embellishments!!

Renee Matarese said...

LOVE that paper and those brads! What great accents for that pretty image.

Dot J Freel said...

Beautiful card. Love the shells and the colors used!