Monday, May 30, 2011

English Countryside - Project 6

Hope everyone had a nice Memorial day celebrating our freedom and remembering those that gave all to   defend it.  Today I would like to post one of my favorite sets of stamps from Art Impressions watercolor series...The English Countryside.  These scenes are created using multiple stamps and are watercolored with Marvy Markers.  I'm often asked if other markers would work...well I suppose, if you have a good eye for color.  But I like the way Bonnie explains exactly how to complete each project, what ink to stamp with, which Marvy Markers to use, even the watercolor paper and brushes.  When I first started I took a few classes but soon learned to follow the directions in the Project pamphlet.  Take it step by step and you can do it too!  In addition Bonnie has some great youtube tutorials plus an awesome DVD.  I love the DVD because she starts out listing everything you will need for each project.  I just play and then pause the DVD until I have finished each step.
Great projects.  Ok, back to the English Countryside Project 6.....here are some more scenes that I did from that series.  If you will click on the highlighted words above they are a direct link to that item.  Please leave a comment.  They are always so appreciated. It's nice to know who has dropped by.   If I can help in anyway don't hesitate to ask.  Happy stamping!
.

4 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Mary
Love your scenes from Project 6. Haven't had time to play with this yet. And you did a fabulous job. I love the watercolor series from AI. They are all so versatile.

VicR said...

Lovely watercolor pieces!
...And Nice there are step by step directions to follow along.

Deloris said...

Those turned out great! I love playing with the watercolor stamps. Each project turns out a bit different than the last even with the same stamps and ink colors.

Dawn said...

Mary... these are STUNNING! great job and thanks for sharing!