Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Feux Mixed Media


Hello Ai Fans! This week I'm working on designing a greeting card inspired by mixed media techniques.


I started with a piece of A2 size card stock.  I taped it down with low tack tape to square off one corner, and then used a water brush to add distress inks to one area.


I removed the tape and added color to the rest of the card.


Next I used the ever popular bubble wrap with ink to add some dots. :o)


I used mini mister filled with water, black soot distress reinker and a scoop of forever violet Perfect Pearls to spritz over a plastic piece I had around my house. I think it came in a pizza box. :o) You can find treasures all over your house! :o)


I used a circle template and white paint pen to draw a few random circles.


For the final artistic touch, I inked up the Dragonfly (Sku#P1996) image and  TC Mini Dragonfly (Sku#F2544) image and stamped them randomly. 


Supplies Used:


3 comments:

Joan V said...

Trena, this looks like fun. Thanks for sharing your mixed media card. I just do pages in my journal, but this may be a good way to get more practice and creative juices flowing, on a smaller scale. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wow love all the layering of different shapes and textures , thanks for sharing new techniques, love your style girl : )

Kerry said...

BRAVO!!! What a gorgeous pieces and the colors! The bubble wrap is totally awesome! LOVE!!!