Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Branch and Leaves on a Funky Background

Hello Ai Fans!  
Sharing another fun background with Gelatos.

 
This  Branch & Leaves (Sku#P2292) image is so versatile.  A few weeks ago I used this image in black and gold over a textured background. You can click here to see it.  This week, I stamped it first onto water color paper with a a watermark ink pad,  sprinkled with clear embossing powder, and heat set.  Next I applied a few Gelatos colors.  NOTE: you only need to apply a small amount - the colors are very rich.


I spritzed just a small amount of water and blended the colors with my finger. The color falls right into the texture.  I used a clean paper towel to gently wipe the color off the embossed areas.


For the focal image, I colored directly onto the image with the Gelatos, spritzed the rubber with water and stamped onto watercolor paper. 


Many times, I do not add a sentiment to my greeting cards at the time I make them.  This card can be used for different occasions. I liked it so much, I made two. It's a nice design to have in my stash for that last minute occasion when I don't have time to make a card. :o)

  
Please come back tomorrow to see what cool project Crystal has to share!

Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

2 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

Pretty colors.

Tammie Koehnen said...

Love this technique Trena. Beautiful colors!