Monday, February 4, 2019

Joy in Your Heart by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Fans!

Are you ready for Spring?  I know I am!   I love the colors of spring time and I think my card here reflects that!  I've used one of Ai's PopCard stamps called Floral Birdhouse PopCard.


I stamped the images onto Neenah Solar White 80# card stock in a Copic safe ink.  My Copic colors are listed below.  Once everything was colored, I used the dies that come with the set to die cut the images.  I then followed the directions on the back of the packaging to assemble the birdhouse and birds.  You will need the Ai PopCard Template die that is sold separately.   There is also a video, HERE, on Ai's YouTube channel that was very helpful to me, being such a visual learner!

I used a standard A2 scored card base and made the slit, per the directions, to create a popped out section.  Since I didn't want the slits showing on my card front I used some wood-grained paper to attach to the front.  The main thing is to NOT add adhesive to the area over the pop up part.  (I apologize for not having a photo to show this process--I think I was just super focused and forgot! Haha!)  I used one of the Oval Double Stitched dies to cut the opening in the card front to get a peek at the fun inside.  

I wish this photo could show you how fun it is to open the card and see the beautiful dimension here!



You can see in this next photo how the PopCard Template piece even pops up the bird's wing when the card is open.  So sweet!



The bees and butterflies are also part of this set.  I added a little smile to the bee's faces with a black pen.



I colored a piece of card stock with a matching Copic and stamped the sentiment from the set onto it with black ink.  I hand cut it and placed the extra rose on the label.



Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you've enjoyed my card and that it inspires you to give the fun PopCards a try!  Happy crafting!!



Copic markers:
Birds:  B02, B04, B16, E000, E30, R11, Y08, E35
Roses:  RV14, RV21, RV23
Leaves:  YG03, YG25, YG67
Birdhouse:  R13, E99, RV13, RV14, RV25, W0, W1, W3
Butterfly:  B02, B04, B16, Y02, Y08, RV14, RV21, RV23
Bee:  Y02, Y08

No comments: