Monday, May 6, 2019

You Had Me at Merlot! by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Friends!

Happy Monday!  My card today features these fun loving gals from the Wine Tasters Set.  They really look like they are having a lot of fun talking and laughing!


I stamped the image onto Neenah Solar White paper with Copic safe ink.  I colored everything with the Copic colors listed below.  The wood floor is actually just a strip of wood pattern paper from the Spring Market pad that I cut off.  Here's how I got the "seamless" look:

  • Using a ruler, I drew a pencil line where the floor would begin.
  • Next I used my paper trimmer to cut the straight lines, being sure to stop before I cut of the bottom of the stool legs.  I also added some shading to the floor beneath the stools.
  • I finished up the cutting by fussy cutting the legs up to where I had originally drawn the pencil line.  I also used a craft knife in a couple of the tight spots.
  • Once it was all cut out, take your strip of wood paper and butt it up against the white paper and position the cut out portion of the stool legs on top.  I secured it temporarily with some removable tape and added dots of glue to the bottom of the stool legs to adhere them to the floor.
  • Then, use the Rounded Rectangle Stitched die to cut the entire piece out.

I used a Tag Stitch die to cut out the stamped sentiment.  I wanted a shadow layer behind it, so I used a pencil and traced around the outside of the same tag die onto some white paper.  After I fussy cut it, I used a coordinating Copic to add the color.  (I did the same thing to get the coordinating layer behind the Rounded Rectangle die.)

Also, for the matching little brad (from my stash) well it started out as a silver brad.  You can color embellishments with your Copics to match, which is what I did.  Just be sure to give it plenty of time to dry so you don't smudge it.  I tied a bow with twine from my stash and added it to the tag!


Thank you so very much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a fun and crafty week!


Copic markers:
Yellow top:  Y08, Y13, Y11, Y00
Blue pants:  B99, B97, B34
Green top:  YG09, YG07, YG06
Pink top:  RV14, RV13, RV10
White pants:  C3, C1, C0, C00, 0
Hair:  lady #1: E42, E43, E44, E55; lady #2: YR23, YR24, E99;
lady #3: E23, E25, E29, E79
Skin:  E13, E11, E00, E000, E0000, R32, R30
Stools:  E55, E57, E59
Wine glasses:  CO, C1, R59, 589

2 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

So cute! The flooring with the shadow is awesome!

Donna W said...

Love your fun card! Thanks for sharing.