Monday, July 22, 2019

Greatest Gift Framed Window, by Carol Hintermeier

Hello Ai Friends!

I hope you had a great weekend and your Monday is off to a good start!  I love the Art Impressions Window stamps, and my project today features the Greatest Gift Window set.  It's been around for quite a while, but it's new to me and I think this stamp design is certainly timeless!  The sentiment reads: "The greatest gift we can receive in life is a true friend."  Isn't that the truth?!!


I stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock.  I wanted to use my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and, for me, the Strathmore paper works wonderfully!  I also added some clear sparkle to parts of the image for some sparkle!  

After I colored the image with my Zigs (colors listed below) I die cut it out with a Square Double Stitched die.  I wanted a thin matte layer for my image so I cut a piece of green cardstock to go behind it.

Next I used some two-sided patterned paper and die cut it with the 3D Frame Die.  This is really easy to assemble and I added glue to the tabs to secure it all.  I then cut a piece of white cardstock to fit the back of the frame for more stability.  I also die cut an extra stand from 110# white cardstock to glue to the patterned paper stand to make it stronger.



Here is a close up showing that fun sparkle!



For a bit of dimension, I put some thin foam tape behind the matted image and added it to the center of the frame.



I think this would be perfect to tuck in with a gift for that special friend!  I hope you will give these Window stamps a try!  So fun and easy!  Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful, crafty week!



Zig Clean Color Brush markers:
May Green, Light Green, Pale Green, Yellow, Bright Yellow,
Turquoise Green, Geranium, Shadow Mauve, 
Brown, Dark Brown, Mid Brown, Beige,
Black, Gray, Light Gray, Gray Brown, Blender


No comments: