Friday, August 23, 2019

Escape to your Favorite Place | By Jessica Shier


Hello Ai Fans!

Today I'm using the Dock Circlet stamp and die set. These come with two dies to cut out the dock and boats so you can create a fun Tryfold card easily. This time though I'm stacking the top two layers to create a dimensional window card.


Below I have a photo of all the die cutting and stamping I did. Using the third largest Rounded Rectangle Double Stitch die to die cut a piece of Neenah Solar White 80lb card stock and some blue craft foam. Then I stamped the first dock image along with die cutting it. Using that piece to make a line with a black marker on where to die cut the dock die from the craft foam. 


The second die and image is of the boats in the water. For this layer I used both boat pieces on white card stock. Then die cut that same piece with the second largest Rectangle Double Stitch die. I also used that second die to die cut the front of an A2 top fold card base, this creates my final window to the inside of the card. Using a pencil I traced the top edge of the die cut onto the inside and stamped the final image with the circular sentiment. Not shown in the photo is also the sentiment "Thinking of you" from the Succulent set, I thought it would go nicely with the inside sentiment "Serenity is found when you escape to your favorite place."


Before gluing my layers together I colored my stamped images with Prismacolor Pencils. These images also look great with Copic coloring or watercolors too! I also inked the edges on the boat and dock die cuts. Using makeup blending brushes again, I blended Distress Oxide inks on to the rounded rectangle piece and adhered that to the blue craft foam. I did ink blending for the second layer too, but used Pumice Stone Distress ink first then Iced Spruce Oxide ink over the top. 


Prismacolor Pencils Used:
Mountains and shading
PC1076 90% French Gray 
PC1074 70% French Gray
PC1072 50% French Gray
PC1068 10% French Gray

PC947 Dark Umber
PC1082 Chocolate
PC941 Light Umber

PC1032 Pumpkin Orange
PC918 Orange
PC1034 Goldenrod
PC922 Poppy Red

PC1006 Parrot Green
PC909 Grass Green
PC912 Apply Green
PC989 Chartreuse

PC1025 Perwinkle
PC1079 Blue Violet Lake
PC1023 Cloud Blue

Thank you so much for joining me today! Happy Stamping!!


No comments: