Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Cat Twist Tie Valentine Card by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I haven't used any of my Twist Tie stamp sets in a while.  When I was thinking of making Valentines Day cards, I thought that the Cat Twist Tie Set would make a really fun Valentine. I colored the cats like three of our cats that love to cuddle with each other.
I started by stamping the images onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth paper with Gina K Designs Black Amalgam Ink and colored them with my Copic markers.  The colors used are listed at the end of this post. I then fussy cut the images leaving a tiny white border. I placed the single cat into the die cut and die cut it so that it's arm was cut out.
The card base is a Twist Tie Card but you can make your own following the directions on the packaging.  I used the dies included in the stamp set to cut the two openings on the card front.
The background is blended using Distress Oxide Inks.  I covered the back of the card using the Masking paper. Starting at the top I blended on tattered rose, spun sugar and worn lipstick ink with the mini ink dabbers.  Then I set it aside to dry for about a half hour.  I placed the Simon Says Stamp Falling Hearts Stencil over each side of the card and added Aged Mahogany Distress Oxide ink using the mini ink dabbers.  I attached the cat images over the die cut areas with Ranger Multi Medium matte. Then I added the sentiment and some heart shaped gems to the front of the card.
Copic Colors Used:
Warm Gray Cat - Woo, W1, W3, W5, W7
Gray Cat - C1, C3, C5
Orange Cat - E30, YR21, YR24

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

No comments: