Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Graduation Card by Jil Lebel

Hello Ai fans!

I used the Graduation stamp set to make this bright card. The Graduation set has quite a few animals to choose from.
I started by stamping the image onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth card stock with Gina K Black Amalgam ink and colored them with Copic markers.  The colors I used will be listed at the end of this post.  I then cut the image out with a Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four die. To get the black line around the die cut, I placed the die onto black card stock and traced around the outside with a pencil.  I then cut around the pencil line.
I used Simon Hurley Create Inks with Picket Fence Studio Life Changing Brushes to blend the backgrounds.  I made two backgrounds with the same ink blend and different paper.  The card with the yellow background around the elephant is done on Strathmore 140 Lb. Cold Pressed watercolor paper.  The card with the blue outline around the elephant was done on Tim Holtz watercolor paper.  I used Clear Sky, Tropical Tango, Guppy and Triple Berry inks.  I sprinkled water over the backgrounds and let it sit for about 30 seconds before I tapped it with a paper towel.  As you can see, I got very different results from each paper.  Once the paper ws dry, I repeatedly stamped the hats image all over the background paper. I stamped the greeting onto white card stock with Versafine Claire Nocturne ink.
Copic Colors Used:
Elephant - C1, C3, C5, RV10
Hat - BG01, BG05, BG09
Diploma - E30, E31
World - YG03, YG63, YG67, BG000, BG01, BG05
Background - BG000, Y11. Y15

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day!

2 comments:

Karen Day said...

Jil, you make the prettiest backgrounds!

Jessica Shier said...

That background is so fun and colorful, I love all the hats! Such a fun design Jil.