Friday, July 24, 2020

Christmas in July Inspiration | By Jessica Shier

Hello Ai Fans!
It's Jessica today and I have some inspiration to get started on those Holiday cards! It's never to soon to start right? For this card I created a Copic marker background and add the cute little igloo from the Penguin Cheer stamp set


I'll have the list of Copic markers I used down below. I started off by sketching out the mountains with a W0 Copic marker. I used the light colored marker for the sketching because it gives me the ability to hide any areas that I sketched that I don't like. Once I had a outline of the mountain shape that I liked I did the same for the snow hills. This area is where I will stamp the igloo but I didn't worry about leaving a space for it, since I was still working with light colored markers. 


I started building up the mountains then add in some small details with a Micron Pen. I also stamped the igloo and built up the snow color around it. For the night sky I did use a few dark gray markers blended into the bright green but in order to get a smoother blend I did use Distress Ink in Black Soot. This gave me the ability to deepen the outer color but really create a smokey blended look. 

I stamped the sentiment from the Penguin Cheer set " Joy to you" in a clear embossing ink and heat embossed with Alabaster white embossing powder. I then added a few stars with a Jelly Roll white gel pen. 


This panel is cut down to 4in x 5.25in and popped up on a card base with a bright green card stock adhered to the front. I used some coordinating bright green craft foam to added the dimension. 


Copic Markers used:
W0, W1, W3, W6, W9
C3, C5,C7
BG000, BG10
YG01, YG03, YG63
Y13, Y15

Don't forget about this cool sale!


Thank you so much for joining me today. Happy Stamping!


2 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

This one definitely needs to go in your top 10 for the year!

creatingincolors said...

I love this!