Saturday, October 17, 2020

Watercolor Roundup 10.17.2020





Hello, Ai Fans!

Welcome to another Watercolor Roundup!

This weekend our Watercolor Design Team has some creative, inspiring creations for you!

Be sure to follow these lovely ladies on social media by clicking the link in pink next to their names!


Tricia O'Bin - Blog - Instagram - YouTube - Pinterest - Facebook

Welcome Watercolor Fans to another Watercolor Weekend Roundup!  We are so excited to showcase the new Watercolor Line of stamps and dies.  I love this new release and I know you will too!  My Bird in a Cage painting was so much fun to create.  

 




The Painting

First, I inked my bird with brown and stamped it off a couple of times and stamped it onto my watercolor paper.  I cut the bird cage out of a separate piece of watercolor paper.  Keeping the bird cage cutout together, I added some yellow and brown to it from my palette.  Once that was dry, I added some wink of stella for some bling.  Next, I marked with a pencil where the bird cage would be so I could add my bird and flowers inside the cage. I cut the middle bar from the cage to show the bird.

 

I inked the small vines (left & right) in green and stamped them on either side of the bird.  Next, I inked the middle flower in the three flower bunch from the mini flowers set with purple and stamped it several times on each side of the bird.  I added water to the blooms and foliage.

 

I added some brown below the bird’s feet and some blue to the sky.  To color the bird, I used two different blues and a dark blue.  I used my #1 paint brush to add color to the bird.  Once that was dry, I glued the bird cage over the painting, positioning the bird within the cut bars.  As an afterthought, I added another bird to the top of the cage using the same colors on my palette.

 

I drew in a string at the top, signed and dated my piece.

 

The Card

I put the painting in my big shot and ran it through with a circle stitched die.  I also cut a mat from a piece of watercolor paper that I created with some watercolor paints.  I glued them together using my Connect Glue from Gina K Designs. 

 

Using the new snowflake dies, I put the entire die (snowflakes not cut apart) and die cut from a piece of Neenah Solar White 80lb card stock.  I glued them to my Neenah Solar White 110lb card base.  (I only put them around where they would show.  I added some wink of stella to each snowflake.  I attached the painting to my card base using some 3M dimensional tape.

 

That’s the whole card!  This one is so quick and easy, I really hope you will try this technique, I know you will enjoy it!  Make sure you tag us on Instagram and use #AIWatercolor so we can all admire your work.

 

Check out the inspirational projects from my fellow team members, I know you will love what they have done, as always.


 
Dot Freel - Instagram - Blog - PinterestYouTube

Hello,

Have you seen the new stamps and dies sets from Art Impressions? I want/need them all! This rocking chair is so fun and easy to stamp and color up using a mask.  


Wouldn't a sentiment of "Hey, Foxy" be cute on it? I need to order the 5284 - Small Alphabet set. I made a tutorial on YouTube for this card: 

Watch the video tutorial here : https://youtu.be/AVONTkoJ660


Karen Day - Blog - Facebook - Pinterest

 Hello Ai fans!

I've painted another slimline card this week, this time done horizontally, with an ethereal feel:

I am all about bright colours, so to paint something light and pastel toned, was a real change for me!  I began with the tree image from 5056 - WC Fairy Doors Set, coloured in Tombow #969 Chocolate before stamping it twice onto my Bristol Smooth Cardstock.  I used two of the doors from the stamp set, to add a fairy door to each one.  I sketched in the rest of my scene with a pencil.  With a damp #1 paintbrush, I pulled out the colour from the lines of the trees, leaving a few light, highlight areas, and concentrating the colour in the shaded areas.  I used the greenery image from 4867 - WC Foliage Set 2 and #126 Light Olive to add in the leaves, and after going over them with a damp brush to soften them, I went in a second time to add more leaves with some definition.

I thought a rainbow/sunset sky would work well, so using a lot of water as a wash - the sky was faded from # 565 Deep Blue, down to #725 Rhodamine Red, and finally #991 Light Ochre.  The mountains were painted in shades of #565, keeping the closer hills a bit darker, and the farther hills a little paler.  The hillside was done in a wash of #126, and the stream and lake are in #493 Reflex Blue - where I kept the colour a little stronger at the edges.  I used #126 on the tiny grass image from 4051 - WC Foliage Set 1, which I stamped around the tree roots, and I added flowers with the tiny dot image from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set using #725 and #623 Purple Sage.  The doors were painted in #493 Reflex Blue and #761 Carnation with #623 on the overhang.  The doors each have a couple of stones in front of them, so I used my paintbrush to add in several more, to create more of a pathway.  To finish my scene off, I picked up #565 from my palette, and added shadows to the tree limbs, around the doors and to the stones.  

I die cut my panel with a pierced edge slimline die, and mounted it with 3D foam tape to my green cardstock base.  I also added Wink of Stella to highlight the greenery and water, so it's got a lovely shimmer across it!

Happy Stamping!

No comments: