Thursday, June 9, 2022

Sending You a Little Sunshine by Mercy Sauer

 Hello Crafty Friends, the weather in the Sunshine state is warm, humid, bright and inviting.... I felt inspired! I created three cards which make me think of the breeze and sweet smell of the ocean. 

I can’t think of a better set than the Gull-Friends No. 5399!


This first card is a peek a boo design. I cut out two round circles from the front panel of the card and decorated the outside and the inside of the card. I created the round borders by using two round dies close in diameter and die cut at the same time, keeping both circles perfectly concentric in order to achieve the same frame width throughout. 




The second card is my favorite! I chose the largest circle die from my stash, die cut and folded in the middle. I cut out another smaller circle to create the scene. The scene could be anything...in my card I placed some seagull friends standing on the sand and celebrating the single seagull on the water.
It’s such a happy card! 


Finally, my third card. I played with the words to create a crossword “puzzle”. I added a few elements and that was that! 
Same set, different cards! I stamped and colored lots of the elements before I even knew what I wanted to create...except for one thing....the ocean was my inspiration
Have a great week everyone! hope to see you soon