Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Triple Easel "Lettuce Celebrate!" Card by Nina

 

Hello Crafty friends, Nina here with a very fun interactive card using the cutest "Gotta Garden" set.



The triple easel cards are fun interactive cards to display your images. When closed it is a 5" x 5"  square card and when opened it has three display platforms to layer your images.



I first created the blank triple easel base then stamped, colored & die cut my images.
To create the triple easel you need 3 separate panels of the following measurements:

1. Biggest Base: 10" X 5" - scored at 5" mark and at 2.5" mark. (Fold both score lines)
2. Second Base: 5" x 5" - score at 1.25" ,  2.5" and 3.75" marks. (Fold First two lines)
3. Third Base: 5" x 5" - score at 1.25" and  2.5" marks. (Fold both)

You then need to stack them on top of each other and glue them using double sided tape in this order: Fold the third base in half and add tape on the bottom and align it with the last score line of the second base.

Add tape on the bottom of these two bases and align them to the edge of the biggest base on the side that has no score lines. Check the photo below.



Now that my easel display is ready, I then stamped by images using Memento tuxedo black ink and colored them with Copic makers.

I ink blended Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive & Mowed Lawn Distress inks to create a grass on all the three display platforms cut it using a grassy hillside die.

I cut the old oak tree, the "Lettuce" Word and the "Celebrate" word using my Cricut machine and colored them with same shades of Copic colors that I used to color my images so everything match together.

I loved so much the sentiment "Lettuce Celebrate" that's included in the "Gotta Garden" set so I recreated it with bigger letters.  


I taped the oak tree on the biggest easel, the gardening lady on the second and the word Lettuce on the third. To make the word Lettuce more sturdy, I cut it three times and glued them to each other. 

I decorated the whole card with enamel dots and tiny flowers that I cut using dies from my stash.


It is such a beautiful decoration on my desk!

Check the video tutorial here..





SUPPLIES:

2 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

What a great scene! Super cute!

Nina said...

Thank you Sue, so glad you like it!