Thursday, March 23, 2023

Chick Inn by Mercy Sauer

Welcome  back Ai friends, Mercy here.   Today, and for the next few entries, I'm creating layered scenes using stamped and die cut images, die cut elements, and background coloring and/or inking.    Typically, these cards involve more steps but are easier to create than one layer, all coloring scenes (in my opinion).

Let's get into it,


I absolutely love this set (and all other "cubbies")  This one is perfect to stamp and die cut  for a layered card design or stamp directly onto cardstock to create a one layer card.   

Many times I don't have a design in mind and I simply start by stamping, coloring and die cutting the images.   Then I start thinking of an idea and shop for "supporting" elements in my product stash.   I tend to be flexible since I have a limited amount of products and make do with what I have.   The card design is limitless depending on what you add to the card.  In this case, a tree cut in half, a die cut fence, a ground stamp and of course, the main feature, the awesome Chicks Cubbies set. You can even use tree and fence stencils to create a very similar card. 

I love this card, I love this set...look out for more ideas and projects using similar techniques and design concepts demonstrated in this card. Have a great week!


4 comments:

Cynthia said...

What a fun scene, Mercy! Your coloring is fabulous.

Kreativestamping said...

Thank you!!!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Mercy! Your coloring is flat out amazing!

Kreativestamping said...

thank you sharon!!!