Wednesday, October 25, 2023

DIY Snow Globe Ornament using the WC Snow Globe Set by Lynn Dionne

Happy Wednesday Ai Fans!!!


Watch video tutorial here!!!

Today we will be playing with the brand-new Ai WC Snow Globe Set (5791) which includes all of the stamps needed to create a beautiful snow globe. There is a snowman and tree, a church, deer, sentiment and the base of the snow globe. It also includes the circle die needed to create the opening for your card or projects as well as some wonderful little coordinating dies. These include a few pretty snowflakes, leaves, and a few stars!

This set is designed for your card and journal projects, but I thought it would be fun to engineer a little snow globe ornament using the new set! I will give you all of the instructions for creating this fun ornament. There are probably several ways to create one of these ornaments, but I will show you how I created mine.

There are also Ai Snow Globe Shaker Domes (5808) available for purchase. Please note that these are sold separately.

Let's first stamp and color the church and base for the snow globe using the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens in the following colors: Blender, Sugared Almond Pink, Haze Blue, Sea Green, Lt Gray, Cool Gray 3.

To set the scene for our globe we will be inking the circle (which is from the same set) using the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink in Speckled Egg and Peacock Feathers. Let's also add the look of snow by spattering the background using the Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White Ink and we will also spatter the background using the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen. Just adding a bit of water to each of these will allow us to easily spatter with these products!

Again, in the video I will give you detailed instructions for how I cut, layered, and assembled this snow globe. But before we assemble everything be sure to add your sentiment to the back of the ornament using the same stamp set. We will also die cut a few of the snowflakes included in the set to place around the sentiment!

I was trying to come up with a way to hang this ornament and I decided to use the little tab die from the Ai Mini Journal Template Set (5718). This will give us a little hole for our ribbon and also looks really pretty with that scallop edge!

We can quickly ink up around the edges of the ornament with the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink in Picked Raspberry using a blending brush.

Let's assemble everything and add some pretty pink and white baker's twine and for a bit of sparkle let's add some gems from Pinkfresh Studio... in pink of course!!

I did add a few iridescent stars to the sky however I didn't fill my snow globe with any glitter or sequins.... but you certainly could. To be honest with you I kind of wish that I had.... maybe next time!!!

Thank you so much for joining me today!  Have a fun and crafty day!!!

WC Snow Globe Set (5791)

Snow Globe Shaker Dome (5808)

Nested Circle Dies (5726)

Mini Journal Template Set (5718)

WC Travel Box

Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White Ink

Post-it Labeling and Cover-up Tape

Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen 

2 comments:

Deb H. said...

A very nice card. I love the colors used. I also like that this Christmas card is a non traditional shape.

Sharon Caudle said...

Lynn, I always LOVE watching your videos! I know it takes a lot of time to make these, so thank you so much for teaching us your techniques and tips! This ornament is truly beautiful, and the recipient is very lucky!