Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Spring Tulips Frame Card by Lynn Dionne

 Hello and Welcome!!!



Watch video tutorial here!!!



One day recently, I just couldn't get my creative juices flowing so I sat and colored and cut out several of the Ai Small Easter Tulips (5894). I colored many more than I needed for this card, but it did help to get me out of my slump. Sometimes I find that I just need to do something easy and calming...which for me is coloring and fussy cutting with my detail scissors. Once these tulips were all colored, I added some Wink of Stella Clear Glitter and set them aside to dry. I came back to these a few days later and they inspired me to make today's card!

Next, let's stamp the pup using the Ai FB Sitting Dog (5780) and the little bees from the Ai Birds and Bugs Set (5561) and then we can do some quick coloring.

All of the coloring today was done using the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens in the following colors: Blender, Lt Green, Green, Yellow, Bright Yellow, Lilac, Lt Violet, Deep Red Grape, Haze Blue, Lt Pink, Beige, Mid Brown.

To make the images really pop I thought we would create a beautiful frame using the Ai Decorative Journal Page 1 Set (5768). However, this die was a solid die, so we need to cut out the center using the rectangle dies. I will show you exactly how to do this in today's video. This is a great way to extend the use of your dies in a new and fun way!

For paper today we will be using the brand-new Ai Easter S2 Paper Pack (5892). To die cut these backgrounds we will be using the Ai Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies (5063) and to cut out the rectangle frame in the center we will be using the Ai Nested Rectangle Dies (5724).

Let's assemble the card and add a few cute little sentiments using the Ai Mini Birthday Sentiment Set (5866). Lately, I have really been trying to do something a bit special on the inside of my cards as well. For this card, I added a cute little envelope using the Ai Journal Template Die Set (5543) and that gave me a fun way to add the sentiment, some tulips, and a few bees!

For a finishing touch, we can add a few sparkly embellishments around our little pup!

Thank you so much for joining me today! Have a fun and crafty day!


Ai Small Easter Tulips (5894)

Ai FB Sitting Dog (5780)

Ai Birds and Bugs Set (5561)

Ai Mini Birthday Sentiment Set (5866)

Ai Decorative Journal Page 1 (5768)

Ai Nested Rectangle Dies (5724)

Ai Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies (5063)

Ai Bookmark Dies (5223)

Ai Journal Template Die Set (5543)

Ai Easter S2 Paper Pack (5892)

2 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, Lynn! This is sooo adorable!! I love it!

Hunky Dory said...

Darling card Lynn! Glad to hear others get into a slump at times. šŸ¤£
Love watching your videos!!