Hi it's Maria and I'm here today to show you a new line of stamps that we have at Art Impressions has called Tryfolds. There is nothing quite like these stamps on the market and I thought you might be interested in a step-by-step tutorial on how to use them.
At present, there are five different sets of Tryfolds:
Harvest, Cottage, Lakehouse, Garden and Village
Here are the add on's: Furries and Feathers
Are you ready??
Let's make a card using the Village Set.
It would be the perfect Christmas card for you to make this year.
Unique, Fun and easy!!
Let's get started by making the base for your card:
- Cut white cardstock to 11” x 6”. Score at 5 ½”. This will form your base.
- Cut Green snowflake paper to 5 ¾” x 5 ¼”. Glue onto front card base. NOTE: Rotate your piece to fit perfectly sizes are similar.
- Cut red plaid paper to 1 ½”” x 5 ¾”. Add to left side of the card as shown.
- Add bow by wrapping the bow ends around the green snowflake paper and glue in back. Now mount the green snowflake paper to your card base. Add a glue dot under the bow knot to keep in place. Set this base aside for later.
Time to make the Tryfold:
- Cut white cardstock to 5 ¼” x 11”. Score at 3 5/8” from each end. This will make three equal sections—DO NOT fold.
- Stamp the Houses image in the center panel approximately ½” from the top and centered. Stamp sentiment and optional mice under the houses.
- Flip card over. Stamp the Snowman image on the right panel. It should be stamped next to the score line and 1 1/2” from the top of the card. Ink and stamp the Tree with bench image on the left panel. It should be stamped next to score line 2” from top.
- Color images. We used Marvy Markers using the Art Impressions Watercolor method using a
palette and colors #15, #28, #45, #40. Coloring Tip:If you alcohol based markers like Copics they will bleed through and be seen on the other side. No worries--just take a piece of your left over patterned paper and glue it to the inside of your card before you do the cutting around the images in the next step.
Cutting Around the Images:
- Fold Tryfold base at two score lines.
- On the left (snowman panel) cut around image. See photo. Do the same with the right panel (trees/bench). Fold card.
- Glue finished Tryfold to the front of the card base you made previously (with the bow) only gluing the center section to the base.
- We added some self-adhesive gem stones to the tree fun some extra fun.
Now it's your turn!
We would LOVE to see what you do with the Tryfolds!
After you try one post a picture on our Facebook page so we can see your creation.