Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Happy Mother's Day by Dana Warren

Hiya Ai Fans!! 

Dana here stopping in with a card for you! Mother's Day is just around the corner and i wanted to share a nice and easy card that can be quickly made for your Mother!! When i started i had something else in mind, but after 3 tries i figured it wasn;t going to work and that i need some new cutting plates for my big shot!!!


I started by die cutting a panel from watercolor paper, then i stamped First Bloom Window with black versafine pigment ink. I messed up the stamping so i turned it over and stamped it better the second time!! LOL!!! Hey, it happens, and the back is just as good as the front!! 


To color the Window i used Spectrum Aqua markers (floral set), they are new to me and this was my first time using them. I did use some distress markers for the pots and to deepen the color of the bunny. 


Since my other die cutting wasn;t working to spice up the card i added a little sparkle with a Wink of Stella to the flowers. Next i stamped the Mother's Day sentiment from the FDMD Set. With a pink marker and water i colored in the hearts at the sentiment.


I hope everyone has a great day!! Happy Stamping!!







6 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

Any mother would love this! The bunny is so sweet and the flowers are gorgeous!

Karen Day said...

Dana, your soft colouring is lovely! Gorgeous card :o)

Sharon Caudle said...

Dana this is really pretty!!! I I agree with Renee, any mother would love this card!! Beautiful!!

diane zechman said...

love the sweet colors!

Rosy Newlun said...

Absolutely heart touching! I love how you colored your scene. And I love your honesty about flipping the focal image over and needing new cutting plates - you're human like us lol!! Fab job!!!

Kerry said...

Dana, this is absolutely stunning!