Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Dress Up the Cat by Dana Warren

Hello AI fans!!

Dana, here with a Halloween card featuring the new Howl-oween Clear Stamp Set. I did some similar cards with this stamp set, but this particular card has a little different background!! I used a stencil and fine tipped markers!!

I started by die cutting some watercolor paper with a stitched rectangle die. Then I placed Tim Holtz Spider Web stencil on top. I used Distress Markers fine tips to squiggle in the open areas of the stencil. I used Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, and Black Soot. 


Next, I stamped the cute kittie in her baby outfit and the treat pumpkin. I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color them both. DR5, BG4, BG6, BG7, OR2, OR3, TB4, TB8, TB12. Then I fussy cut out the kitty and bag.


On a strip of black card stock I white embossed the cat dress up sentiment. To put it all together I added the stenciled panel to a white background and then added the sentiment strip along with some pattern paper. Last I added the cat and bag with foam tape!

Thanks for stopping by!! Happy Stamping!!




7 comments:

Karen Day said...

Dana, you come up with the most amazing backgrounds! What a cool idea - great card :o)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

SO funny what a great card! Can you believe, I dressed up my cat very similarly when I was a kid. He was the greatest cat to put up with that nonsense!

She's a Color Queen said...

The cat's face is so funny! This is adorable!

Cheri Burry said...

Awesome idea for your background!!

diane zechman said...

Cute idea for the background!

Sharon Caudle said...

Very cool background, Dana!

Kerry said...

Dana, awesome background and so so cool! I can't get enough of the face, hehe!