Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tuesday Threads with Karen Day

Hello Ai Sewing fans!
 I've had a creative long weekend, gardening, card making and sewing up several projects.  I have one of them to share with you today.  When I first saw the wonderful Shop Hop fabrics designed by Bonnie Krebs, I had the idea to make a fabric bunting to show off all of the different prints in the collection.  And while I've only used ten of the fabrics (there are 18 in the collection!), you get the idea of how pretty these are.
 I have a large shelving unit in my craft room that is right behind where I stand at my drafting table, with all of my supplies on it.  It was looking a little blah... so the bright Shop Hop fabrics will jazz it up a little.
 I drew my pennant shape on a piece of paper (each pennant is 6" x 9") and added a 1/4" seam allowance.  Then I cut two of them out of each fabric, and one of a medium weight fusible interfacing that I ironed onto the backside of one of each print.
I sewed a 1/4" seam on the two long sides of each pennant, turned them inside out and ironed them flat.  The Therm O Web medium weight fusible tricot interfacing gives them the perfect amount of body to hang nicely:
I kept an inch of space between each pennant, and sewed them all onto an 8 foot length of turquoise seam binding.  I cut a bunch of 1" x 6" strips of the different fabrics and tied them along the bunting between each pennant.
The Art Impressions Shop Hop fabrics are available through Henry Glass & Co. - happy sewing everyone!


5 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

Very cute! Love the ties in between. Be cool to make a red white and blue themed one for the fireplace or somewhere for the 4th of July.

katieo said...

Fun way to decorate your craft room

Sharon Caudle said...

I love seeing your amazing creations with the fabrics, Karen! What a wonderful decoration for your craft room. It looks fabulous!

diane zechman said...

What a cute banner, Karen! It looks great!

Cheri Burry said...

Adorable banner! Always love seeing what you come up with for "Tuesday Threads"!