Thursday, November 30, 2017

NEW Mouthfuls Stamp & Die Sets! PLUS Challenge 222 Funny & Punny!

Hello, Ai Fans!
New Mouthfuls_
You will have your hands full with our NEW Mouthfuls! This new line of clear stamps & dies features a fun animal with corresponding images to tuck into their mouth or hand, along with unique birthday sentiments! Kangaroo Mouthful includes a little joey and party favors that fit in the mama's pouch! Send hilarious birthday greetings with our Hamster Mouthful set, featuring cute accessories like pizza, with phrases like "Age only matters if you're a cheese"! Our Dino Mouthful is adorable for that young athlete's birthday, or makes for a playful card for your older sports lover! We cannot forget about our dog and cat lovers! Say "Happy birthday from the dog" in our Dog Mouthful set, which includes a slobbery gift, bone, and more! "Cattitude is everything" in our Cat Mouthful, as our feline dons fabulous accessories such as cat-eye classes and a huge donut! Projects are fun and easy, since each set includes dies which cut out the accessories, as well as a slit for the mouth, hand, or pouch to place them in! See these sets in action in our video from Creativation! Grab your Mouthfuls today at artimpressions.com!
Kangaroo Mouthful Hamster Mouthful Dog Mouthful Dino Mouthful Cat Mouthful


Dana is here to share her adorable creation with our Hamster Mouthful
Hello AI fans!! 
These new Mouthfuls are so adorable!! My tutorial features the Hamster Mouthful set. I started by stamping the images on white cardstock and coloring them with my Spectrum Noir Markers. I used AG1, AG3, AG5, CT1, CT4, GY2, GY5, IB2, IB3, TN2, Blender. As I was coloring I decided what images I would use with the Hamster, so ended up only coloring them.


Next, I held the dies in place with washi tape and ran it through my die cutting machine. With sharp scissors, I fussy cut out the hamster. The hamster has two dies, one you can cut a slit for his mouth like I did or the other cuts a slit above his hands. Tip #1 I also when ahead and cut the ones I didn't end up coloring for use at a later date!! And tip #2, I never had a hamster so was very unsure of the coloring, after looking at Google the options where overwhelming! So I just copied how the packaging colored him and kept it simple!!



With a little bit of glue, I adhered the candles to his face, sliding it under the die cut slit. This way it looks like he is eating the candles.



For a background, I die cut a stitched rectangle from watercolor card stock and with an ink applicator added Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio. Then I splattered water all over the panel and let that dry. Next, I added some water to some Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and splattered it over the panel.



While my splatters where drying I cut a strip of grey cardstock and stamped the What Cake? in brown ink. I adhered the green panel to a grey card base when it was dry and then I played around with the placement of the sentiment, hamster, cheese and his hat.



When I was happing with the placement I adhered the grey strip and added foam tape to the hamster and cheese.



A quick shot of it all put together. 



These stamp sets have lots of uses with different sentiments and images that you can mix and match! And what's really nice is being able to customize where the accessory image can be tucked into to!!!


Thanks for stopping by!! Happy Stamping!!




TOO CUTE, Dana! Love how your hamster is all ready for some birthday festivities!
Well folks, a new release means a new challenge! This 2-week challenge is called "Funny & Punny" and we want - of course - some hilarious cards! That's right, grab your sentiments, creativity, and perhaps a funny image or two and share a chuckle with us!

Here are the Challenge Rules:
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by Wednesday, December 13 at 5:00 p.m. PST to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!





3 comments:

Karen Day said...

Sweet card, Dana! Love the background.

~amy~ said...

Super CUTE Dana!

Dot J Freel said...

Love that cute card and chubby fella!!